Daycare Bathroom Injury
Child Care Facility Bathroom Safety Laws
Most parents would do anything for their children. Their child’s safety is the most important thing to them and they will take every possible measure to keep their children out of harms way. However, parents can not spend every moment of everyday with their children. Often times parents have to entrust the safety of their children to a caregiver.
Child Care facilities are required by law to take the following steps to prevent child bathroom injuries. If a daycare fails to follow these rules and your child gets hurt then you can bring a claim for damages against the negligent daycare:
- The daycare must maintain a ratio of at least one toilet and sink in one or more well-ventilated bathrooms for every 20 children.
- Toilet facilities must afford adequate privacy appropriate to the ages of children enrolled in the program.
- Staff must accompany children to the bathroom whenever toilet facilities used by the children in care are also available to the public.
- When toilet facilities are used exclusively by the daycare program and are not available to the public, an individual child of the appropriate age may, with permission from the educator, go to the bathroom independently. Staff may only allow one child at a time to use the bathroom independently.
- Bathrooms must be in close proximity to children’s activity space, and readily accessible to all children, including children with disabilities.
- In facilities licensed for the first time after the effective date of these regulations, toilets and sinks must be available no more than one floor level away from the approved program space.
- When adult toilets and sinks are used, the daycare must provide a safe means to permit access by those children who are able to use them.
- In addition to toilets, portable “potty chairs” may be used in a bathroom for children unable to use toilets.
- In programs serving children younger than school age, locks on doors to bathrooms must be inaccessible to children or easily opened from both the inside and outside.
Was Your Child Seriously Injured in an Accident at a Day Care Center?
Experienced Boston Area Child Daycare Accident Victim Personal Injury Attorneys – Initial Consultations Are Always Free – No Fee Unless We Recover For You
If your child suffered an injury in an accident at a daycare center we can help. Our lawyers have have a proven track record with over 35 years of legal experience in helping accident victims pursue civil claims and we are ready to take on your case today.
No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. Call our law offices today to schedule a free no-obligation case review and consultation at (508) 588-0422 or click the link below to use our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Our personal injury trial lawyers assist clients throughout all of Southeast Massachusetts including, but not limited to, those in the following counties, cities and towns: Plymouth County including Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Marshfield, Hingham, Duxbury, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Middleborough; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Norton; and the Greater Boston area including Cambridge, Lynn, Revere, Everett, Dorchester, Roxbury and Somerville.
Even though people of all ages can suffer injuries from mercury poisoning, this metal is especially harmful to unborn children, infants and very young...
Chow Chows originate from China and are thought to be one of the oldest recognized breeds of dog. They were breed for many purposes including herding...
Parents have a lot to worry about when it comes to the safety of their children, especially when it comes to food-based choking hazards. Choking is th...
Statistics show that 79 percent of all victims who receive medical treatment for poisoning are children; most of these children are under the age of f...
Gas and electric stoves are among the largest appliances found in the average American kitchen. And although they are large and take up a lot of space...
More often than not child and toddler car seats save countless lives as they protect children from more severe injuries than would have occurred had t...
Manufacturers across industries use and produce chemicals that can be harmful to humans – especially children – if ingested or used improperly in any ...
When a parent leaves a child at a daycare facility they expect their child will be kept safe. Because of their young age, many children in daycare req...