Massachusetts Pediatrician Malpractice Lawyers
Pediatricians specialize in the medical treatment of infants and children. These medical professionals are required to review a patient’s physical condition and are responsible for various procedures including immunization, ordering diagnostic testing, and prescribing medications. Pediatricians are often the first point of contact in the healthcare of children, which is why medical malpractice committed by these professionals can be particularly harmful.
Common Ways in Which Pediatricians Help Patients
Medical care during a child’s development is critical to making sure that a child grows up as healthy as possible. Some of the most common ways pediatricians help to make sure that a child remains healthy include:
- Communicating with parents about a child’s health conditions and treatment plans. There are numerous types of injuries that can occur due to inadequate communication between a physician and the parents of a patient.
- Diagnosing infections and communicable illnesses. Children are at risk of developing infections and contracting illnesses from other children and it is the responsibility of a pediatrician to determine the cause of the condition and provide effective treatment.
- Identifying and managing the treatment of developmental delay and disorders.
- Managing chronic conditions to help a patient manage symptoms. Chronic conditions must be considered when providing a patient with a treatment plan.
- Managing immunizations for conditions like the flu, hepatitis, measles, polio, and tetanus.
- Performing physical examinations from a child’s birth to development into an adult.
- Treating injuries and referring children to an appropriate medical specialist if necessary.
- Working with expecting mothers and ensuring that their gynecologists monitor the health of a child. Failure to promptly observe a medical condition in a child can result in serious complications.
Common Ways in Which Pediatricians Harm Patients
Because pediatricians play an important role in maintaining the health and safety of children, these professionals are much more likely to experience medical malpractice lawsuits than other physicians. Some of the most common ways in which pediatricians can harm patients include:
- Failure to notice fetal distress
- Failure to perform appropriate tests in a timely fashion
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist
- Child Birth Injuries during or after birth
- Medication errors
- Misdiagnosing test results
Contact a Seasoned Pediatrician Malpractice Attorney Today
The legal counsel at the Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan has helped numerous people who have been impacted by pediatrician malpractice obtain the compensation they deserve. If a loved one has been impacted by pediatrician malpractice, you should not hesitate to contact our law office for assistance. Contact our law office today for a free consultation, during which time our legal can outline your various options to obtain the compensation that you deserve.
We offer a free, no-obligation legal consultation to help you understand your rights and the value of your case.
Our medical malpractice lawyers assist clients throughout all of Massachusetts including, but not limited to, those in the following counties, cities and towns: Plymouth County, Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Marshfield, Hingham, Duxbury, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Holbrook, Middleborough; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Westport, Dartmouth, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Lakeville, Norton; Cape Cod, Hyannis, Falmouth, Barnstable and the Greater Boston area including Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Everett, Lawrence, Lynn, Revere, Dorchester, Roxbury.
Information About Birth Injuries. The birth of a child is one of the most special moments in many people’s lives. If your child was harmed due to med...
Spinal Epidural Abscess Malpractice in Massachusetts Spinal Epidural Abscess (“SEA”) is a disorder triggered by an infection inside of a person’s sp...
Statistics reveal that millions of individuals suffer from some type of irregular heartbeat. While a large number of these conditions are benign, som...
Massachusetts Orthopedic Malpractice Lawyers, Boston The demand for orthopedic surgeons has increased significantly over the last few years, and this...
Information About Biopsies Performing a biopsy is one of the most reliable ways for medical professionals to diagnose conditions that require deeper ...
Many urologists are capable of performing their jobs without harming patients, but sometimes these physicians commit malpractice. Urologists are part...
Massachusetts OBGYN Malpractice Lawyers Obstetricians and gynecologists are tasked with helping women maintain their reproductive health. These m...
What is an Emergency Room Error? The emergency room is usually the first place a person goes when they experience a sudden or dramatic change in heal...