Warehouse Worker Injury
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) there more than 145,000 warehouse workers working in 7,000 warehouse across the United States and the risks of an injury occurring on the job for these individuals are higher than the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that each year there are over a dozen fatalities in the warehouse industry and an average of 5.5 warehouse workplace injuries for every 100 full-time warehouse workers.
When warehouse injuries occur, workers are at risk of receiving life-changing injuries. Warehouse accidents have been known to occur in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Falling or Flying Objects. Warehouse workers are struck by falling or flying objects. In many situations, these accidents occur due to shifting inventory in deliver trucks, falling loads, inventory falling off storage shelves, inventory falling off pallets or forklifts;
- Forklift Accidents. Forklifts can prove invaluable in warehouses because these machines can fit into tight spaces and are capable of lifting and transporting heavy objects. But there is a significant risk of forklifts accidents occurring in warehouses. Forklift accidents claim the lives of around 100 people every year. Turnover accidents are responsible for a significant potion of these deaths. Workers can be crushed or impaled by forklifts, negligent or careless forklift operators can cause a forklift to overturn resulting in injuries;
- Lifting Injuries. Most warehouse workers are physically lifting and transporting heavy objects on a daily basis. Lifting like this on a daily basis can result in repetitive stress injuries, workplace lifting injuries and neck and back injuries which can temporarily or permanently disabled workers;
- Loading Dock Injuries. Loading docks can be a particularly hazardous location in many warehouses. Some of the accidents that occur in these zones include workers who fall, are crushed, are hit by delivery trucks or forklifts, or become injured while moving inventory;
- Motor Vehicle Accidents. Warehouse employees who work with trucks are at risk of being involved in collision based accidents;
- Overexertion Injuries. Warehouse workers can seriously injure themselves by placing too much stress on different parts of their body. Most often, these accidents involve back injuries;
Our Boston workers’ compensation attorneys are able to secure the following benefits for injured workers and their families when workers sustain injuries for accidents that occur within the scope of the workers employment:
Section 35- Temporary Partial Disability: these benefits are provided if the work injury has reduced the workers earning capacity by limiting to type of work or amount of work the injured employee can perform. Partial disability workers’ compensation benefits entitle injured workers to 60% of the wages they would have earned from their job if they did not get injured. These benefits are paid weekly for up to 260 weeks. The maximum compensation cannot exceed 75% of the workers temporary total disability pay rate.
Section 34- Temporary Total Disability Benefits: these benefits are provided if the injury has left the employee physically incapable of working. Temporary Total Disability workers’ compensation benefits entitle the injured worker to 60% of the wages they would have earned from their job if they did not get injured. These benefits are paid weekly and can be paid for up to 156 weeks or 3 years;
Section 34A-Permanent & Total Disability Benefits: These benefits are provided if the injury has left the worker permanently unable to perform any type of work. Total Disability workers’ compensation benefits entitle injured workers 66.66% of their average weekly wage;
Section 36-Scarring, Disfigurement and Loss of Function Benefits: These benefits are payable if the injury is permanent. Benefits for scarring are only available for scars on the hands, neck and face. This is a one time lump sum payment and the amount depends on the type of injury;
Death Benefits for Surviving Spouse: The injured workers husband or wife are entitled to 66.67% of the deceased workers average weekly wage for 250 weeks. They can also qualify for benefits beyond 250 weeks.
Call Today: (508) 588-0422
If you or a loved one has been injured in a warehouse accident, do not hesitate to contact a skilled Boston Work Injury Lawyer. The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan are a group of Massachusetts Work Accident Attorneys with over 35 years of legal experience. Our legal counsel has helped individuals who have been injured in a number of work site accidents. Call our Brockton workers compensation lawyer today for a free consultation.
Representing the residents of Plymouth County including Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Marshfield, Hingham, Duxbury, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Holbrook, Middleborough; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Lakeville, Norton; Cape Cod, Falmouth, Barnstable and the Greater Boston area including Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Everett, Lawrence, Lynn, Revere, Dorchester, Roxbury
Forklifts are one of the deadliest pieces of equipment used on the job. These pieces of equipment are deadly for several reasons and that is why there...
Saws are a vital part of the carpentry and construction business. However, these pieces of equipment can result in serious physical injuries and even ...
Falling objects can result in many types of injuries including traumatic brain damage, broken bones, internal organ damage, spinal injuries, and visio...
Auto Mechanics work in a dangerous environment. There are various daily risks that can seriously injury and even kill mechanics. In a large number of ...
Landscape workers face a variety of dangers including adverse weather conditions, equipment, machinery, and physical work that can result in accidents...
Healthcare workers provide perform important job functions and help provide much-needed assistance in home care institutions, hospitals, medical clini...
Massachusetts Cherry Picker Accidents Attorneys Some people refer to them as cherry pickers, while other people refer to them as boom trucks, basket ...
Trade Unions Will Often Provide Representation To A Worker, However It Is Wise To Hire Independent Legal Counsel. Organized labor has helped to signi...