Auto Mechanic Work Injuries
Auto Mechanics work in a dangerous environment. There are various daily risks that can seriously injury and even kill mechanics. In a large number of cases, parties other than the mechanic are responsible for the accident.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that mechanics sustain over 15,000 injuries each year. Mechanics face the fourteenth highest rate of injuries out of any profession. There are many ways in which mechanics are injured on the job. Some of the factors involved in mechanic accidents include the following:
- Bending for extended periods of time
- Low back and neck injuries caused by overexertion
- Being struck by a motor vehicle
- Contact burns from coming in contact with hot engines or exhaust systems. These burns account for nearly 44% of all mechanic injuries
- Constant exposure to noise that is over 90 decibels
- Defective or poorly maintained equipment
- Exposure to exhaust, additives, chemicals, gasoline, brakes and clutches with asbestos, and other products with lead
- Overexertion caused by lifting heavy objects
- Slip and fall accident
To Request Your Free Consultation with an Experienced Workplace Accident Claims Attorney
Call Today: (508) 588-0422
Safety Precautions to Reduce the Risk of Workplace Injury to Mechanics
To reduce the risk of being seriously injured in an accident, mechanics are advised to follow some safety precautions which include the following:
- Avoid smoking while working on a motor vehicle;
- Be sure to keep a fire extinguisher close at hand;
- Follow all posted warning signs;
- Keep toxic chemicals away from your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Make sure that another work can spot whenever work under the body of a car is performed;
- Never work underneath a motor vehicle unless the engine is shut off;
- Take precautions regarding clothing or jewelry that could become stuck;
- Use insulated tools when performing work on an automobile;
- Wear adequate safety gear including goggles, gloves, knee pads, and steel-toed work boots;
- Work in a well-ventilated area.
Greater Boston Area Auto Worker and Mechanic Workmans’ Comp Claims Attorneys
Our Brockton workers’ compensation attorneys are able to secure the following benefits for injured workers and their families when workers sustain injuries for accidents that occur within the scope of the workers employment: Partial disability benefits, temporary total disability benefits, permanent and total disability benefits, death benefits, scarring and disfigurement benefits.
If you or a loved one is a mechanic who has been injured on the job, do not hesitate to contact a skilled Boston work injury lawyer. The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan are a group of Massachusetts work accident lawyers with over 35 years of legal experience. Our legal counsel has helped individuals who have been injured in a number of work site accidents including mechanics. Call our Brockton work injury lawyers today for a free consultation.
Our workmans’ comp claims and personal injury lawyers assist accident victims throughout all of Massachusetts including but not limited to Plymouth County, Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Marshfield, Hingham, Duxbury, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Holbrook, Middleborough; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Westport, Dartmouth, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Lakeville, Norton; Cape Cod, Hyannis, Falmouth, Barnstable and the Greater Boston area including Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Everett, Lawrence, Lynn, Revere, Dorchester, Roxbury.
Punch presses are machines that shear, form and punch holes in a variety of materials. The significant danger associated with these machines deals wit...
Painters face serious risk of on-the-job injury including ladder falls, and chemical exposure to harsh fumes. Painters work in some dangerous environ...
An electric shock occurs when an individual’s body connects with an electrical source. Each year, a large number of workers are injured in electrical ...
Massachusetts Commercial Fishing Injury Lawyers Commercial fisherman and lobstermen face life-threatening conditions everyday they go to work. Long h...
One of the most common accidents faced by a large number of workers each year are lifting injuries. Individuals who are injured on the job lifting a h...
There are many factors that influence the severity of an electrocution injury including the amount of electrical current the worker is exposed to, the...
Experienced Conveyor Belt Accident Attorneys Manufacturers and warehouses everywhere rely on the use of conveyor belts, which introduced an unparalle...
Trench Collapse Work Accidents Miles and miles of trench are dug throughout construction sites in the United States every year. The excavation and t...