Delivery Driver Injury Lawyer
Common delivery trucks include food delivery trucks, furniture delivery, and postal delivery services like UPS, FedEx, and DHL. It does not matter why type of delivery car, truck or van you were driving, it you were injured on the job, we can help you get the workers compensation benefits you are entitled to receive.
Delivery drivers are always on the move and are forced to meet tight delivery deadlines. However, delivery drivers drive for a living and in many cases they are injured in an accident that is not their fault.
There are a number of ways in which delivery drivers are injured. Some of the most common accidents in which delivery drivers are involved in include the following:
- Accidents caused by Mirror Blind Spots
- Drivers who fail to yield
- Drivers who operate a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Lifting injuries due to loading or unloading heavy objects from vehicles.
- Repetitive stress injuries
Some recent examples of how delivery driver accidents have occurred include the following:
- In 2017, a motor vehicle driver came to a stop inside a Domino’s Pizza. The driver experienced cuts and lacerations as a result of this accident.
- In 2017, a UPS driver in Nevada was involved in a vehicle rollover.
- In 2016, a FedEx driver was killed after the vehicle overturned in California.
- In 2016, a delivery truck driver in Virginia lost control of the motor vehicle, over corrected the vehicle, and eventually collided with another automobile that was traveling in the opposing direction. The driver experienced minor injuries due to this accident
Call Today: (508) 588-0422
Precautions to Help Delivery Truck Drivers Avoid Accidents on the Job
There are some safety precautions that delivery truck drivers can take to avoid being involved in an accident, which include the following precautions:
- Be Cautious of Blind Spots. Blind spots refer to areas near a vehicle that a motor vehicle operator cannot spot. These areas include just behind a vehicle’s side mirrors and directly behind trucks. Each year, a large number of delivery truck accidents are caused by drivers who fail to adequately monitor blind spots.
- Make Sure That the Delivery Vehicle Is Adequately Maintained. The consistent stops taken by many delivery vehicles can be particularly tough on the vehicle. Employers need adequately maintain their fleet of vehicles to avoid any potential accidents.
- Take Your Time. One of the best pieces of advice for delivery truck drivers to follow is to always take a sufficient amount of time and never drive in a rushed manner.
Massachusetts Workplace and Delivery Truck Driver Accident Claims Attorneys
If you or a loved one is a delivery driver who is injured in an accident, do not hesitate to contact a skilled Boston work injury lawyer. The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan are a group of Massachusetts work accident lawyers with over 35 years of legal experience. Our legal counsel has helped individuals who have been injured in a number of work site accidents including ladder fall accidents. Call our Brockton work injury lawyers today for a free consultation.
Our personal injury lawyers assist accident victims throughout all of Massachusetts including but not limited to Plymouth County, Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Marshfield, Hingham, Duxbury, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Holbrook, Middleborough; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Westport, Dartmouth, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Lakeville, Norton; Cape Cod, Hyannis, Falmouth, Barnstable and the Greater Boston area including Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Everett, Lawrence, Lynn, Revere, Dorchester, Roxbury.
One of the most common accidents faced by a large number of workers each year are lifting injuries. Individuals who are injured on the job lifting a h...
There are many factors that influence the severity of an electrocution injury including the amount of electrical current the worker is exposed to, the...
Auto Mechanics work in a dangerous environment. There are various daily risks that can seriously injury and even kill mechanics. In a large number of ...
Landscape workers face a variety of dangers including adverse weather conditions, equipment, machinery, and physical work that can result in accidents...
Massachusetts Injuries from Falls on Construction Site Lawyers Statistics compiled by the Occupational Health Safety Administration reveal that f...
Accidents and Injuries Involving OSHA Violations Created in 1970, the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) was designed to protect the rights of...
Experienced Utility Worker Accident Attorneys Utility workers provide services in many industries; they work for cable companies, heating and cooling...
Trench Collapse Work Accidents Miles and miles of trench are dug throughout construction sites in the United States every year. The excavation and t...