Nurse Injuries and Workers Comp Benefits Attorney
Workers Compensation Benefits are available for Nurses, RNs, CNAs, VNAs that have sustained a work injury. If you were injured on the job our lawyers can help you get the full benefits you deserve.
Many people fail to appreciate how much stress and strain a career in nursing puts on the body. Nurses typically spend their entire shift on their feet. Oftentimes nurses need to help patients in and out of bed, wheelchairs and the shower. Lifting patients and helping them re-position their bodies puts a tremendous amount of stress on the neck and back. Because of this, most nurses develop chronic cervical and lumbar spine/lower back conditions over the course of their careers.
Common Reasons Nurses Are Injured on the Job
There are a variety of ways in which nursing accidents can occur including the following ways:
- Injuries caused by violence at the job site from patients or the family of patients;
- Lifting heavy objects or patients;
- Needle sticks from drawing blood or administering medication to a patient;
- Overexertion due to bending one’s body in an unusual position;
- Slip and fall accidents due to failure to clean up a liquid.
Types of Injuries
There are some common types of injuries nurses faces due to accidents that occur on the job. Some of these injuries include the following:
- Ankle, foot, and knee injuries
- Back injuries including herniated disks
- Bloodborne diseases
- Broken or fractured bones
- Strains and muscles tears. Special note should be made that this category includes the largest number of injuries incurred by nurses in the profession
- Arthritis and tendonitis
For Experienced Legal Representation Call Today for Your Free Legal Consultation
To avoid these accidents, nurses should follow some recommended safety precautions which include the following:
- Follow Proper Needle Stick Behavior. This type of activity includes recapping needles and using needle-less connection systems.
- Implement Good Body Mechanics. Nurses should avoid positioning their bodies in ways that could cause accidents. Some of the situations where nurses use poor body posture include when elevating a patient’s bed.
- Practice Good Hand Washing Hygiene. This safety tip can decrease the risk of a nurse becoming sick due to exposure to diseases.
- Use Equipment To Lift Patients. Nurses should never manually lift a patient if equipment is available because this type of activity has the great potential to cause injuries especial to the neck and lower back
- Wear Adequate Safety Equipment. Nurses should always make sure to wear appropriate gloves, gowns, masks, eye protection, and other items to prevent direct contact with a patient’s body fluid which can result in the nurse contracting very serious illnesses.
Massachusetts Nurses Worker Comp Claims Attorneys
If you or a loved one is injured is a nurse injured in a work accident, do not hesitate to contact a skilled Boston work injury lawyer. The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan are a group of Massachusetts work accident lawyers with over 35 years of legal experience. Our legal counsel has helped individuals who have been injured in a number of work site accidents including ladder fall accidents. Call our Brockton work injury lawyers today for a free consultation.
Our personal injury lawyers assist accident victims throughout all of Massachusetts including but not limited to Plymouth County, Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Marshfield, Hingham, Duxbury, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Holbrook, Middleborough; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Westport, Dartmouth, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Lakeville, Norton; Cape Cod, Hyannis, Falmouth, Barnstable and the Greater Boston area including Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Everett, Lawrence, Lynn, Revere, Dorchester, Roxbury.
Power line workers face significant risk of seriously injury while on the job. Fortunately, injured power line workers are often able to obtain compen...
Information about Ceiling Collapse Accidents Ceiling collapses can occur suddenly. This can result in serious and catastrophic injuries to unsuspecti...
Punch presses are machines that shear, form and punch holes in a variety of materials. The significant danger associated with these machines deals wit...
One of the most common accidents faced by a large number of workers each year are lifting injuries. Individuals who are injured on the job lifting a h...
From tunnel construction to skyscrapers, cranes are a vital piece of equipment on many construction jobs. Companies that operate cranes must always re...
Painters face serious risk of on-the-job injury including ladder falls, and chemical exposure to harsh fumes. Painters work in some dangerous environ...
There are many factors that influence the severity of an electrocution injury including the amount of electrical current the worker is exposed to, the...
Welding is a processes in which materials are joined through the application of heat at extremely high melting points. There are two types of welding:...