Slip and Fall Accident at Shaw’s & Star Market
Shaw’s & Star Market Personal Injury Lawyer—Slip and Fall Accidents and Other Premises Liability Claims Resulting from Accidents
Shaw’s is a supermarket chain that operates over 150 stores in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. Star Market is a supermarket chain that is owned by the same owners of Shaw’s. Star Market operates over 20 grocery stores all of which are in Massachusetts
The last thing anyone expects when they go to the supermarket is to get injured. Unfortunately, supermarkets and grocery stores are environments that produce many hazardous conditions. Items from the produce section often times find their way on the floor creating wet and slippery conditions, condensation and water runoff from the large cooling units finds its way into aisles creating a slip and fall risk to unsuspecting customers.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
Often times most customers do not want to draw attention to the fact that they slipped and fell. They will get up if they can and leave the store. This is the worst thing anyone can do. If you do not inform an employee or management that you fell they will likely dispute that you slipped and fell if it is reported days later. Unfortunately, supermarkets will deny claims and deny payments if they can get away with it. And you have to make it difficult for them to do that.
The following are a few things you can do to preserve and strengthen you claim.
- Almost every supermarket has a standard accident reporting policy. Once you inform management of your fall or injury they should provide you with an incident form that you will need to fill-out on the spot and return. Some stores fail to provide these forms because it is easier to deny the claim if it is not documented. Always insist on filling out this form.
- Go to the customer service desk and inform them of your fall and request a manager met with you to do an investigation. You should take the manager to the location of the accident and insist they take photographs of the hazardous condition that caused your fall.
- You should also take your own photographs with your cell phone if you have one handy.
- Document any evidence that indicates how long the wet, slippery of hazardous conditions has been on the floor.
- You should insist that the store manager investigate the incident and take photos of the scene. If there are footprints or streaks from the wheels of shopping carts showing the colorless cooking oil you slipped and fell on had been tracked up and down the aisle this should be documented. This is evidence that the oil had been on the ground long enough for the staff to have noticed it and cleaned it up.
- Inform the manager of any pain or injuries you may have.
- If you are injured or in pain, you must tell the manager, and make sure he or she writes it in the report.
- Request a copy of the incident report. These are internal documents and are rarely handed over.
- If your pain and injuries are serious and you need immediate medical attention you should request an ambulance to transport you to the emergency room if necessary.
Massachusetts Property Owner Negligence, Slip and Fall Accident Claims Attorneys
Our law firm has been successfully battling insurance companies for years. Insurance companies know it is our job to make sure property owners are held accountable for their negligence and they take us seriously. Our knowledgeable and experienced Greater Boston Personal Injury Attorneys are available to assist clients throughout all of Massachusetts in premises liability accident claims due to property owner negligence.
No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. Call our experienced slip and fall accident attorneys today now to schedule a free no-obligation case review and consultation at (508) 588-0422 and you will have taken your first step to find out how best to confront this important matter. You can also click here to use our Free Case Evaluation Form.
We offer a free, no-obligation legal consultation to help you understand your rights and the value of your case.
Our law firm is available to assist clients throughout Massachusetts, including but not limited to: Plymouth County including Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Holbrook Middleboro; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Wrentham, Attleboro, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham; and Middlesex County including Cambridge, Lowell, Somerville, Newton, Woburn, Framingham, Malden, Chelsea, Everett, Arlington, Medford and Waltham; Cape Cod, Barnstable, Hyannis, Falmouth; Springfield & Worcester; Essex County including Lynn, Lawrence, Peabody, Haverhill; and the Greater Boston area including, Revere, Dorchester, and Roxbury.New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Westport, Dartmouth, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Lakeville, Norton; Cape Cod, Hyannis, Falmouth, Barnstable and the Greater Boston area including Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Everett, Lawrence, Lynn, Revere, Dorchester, Roxbury.
Home Depot faces so many injury claims on a daily basis that they have their own claims processing department. The claims adjusters they employ are e...
Massachusetts convenience store owners and operators have a responsibly to properly maintain their stores and parking lots in a reasonably safe condit...
Our attorneys have brought many claims against 'big box' stores and aware of the procedures they employ when processing claims. Hiring our firm early ...
When you enter a commercial business establishment like a supermarket, convenient store, restaurant or department store you shouldn’t have to keep you...
Dangerous hazardous conditions develop in supermarkets over time given the sheer volume of customers that are walking through the grocery store on a d...
Up until 2010 it was very difficult to bring a lawsuit against a property owner if you slipped, fell and got injured on his or her property. Up until ...
The most common accidents that occur on Cumberland Farms property involve slip and falls either in the parking lot of inside the convenient store. Cum...
Massachusetts fast food restaurants must maintain their restaurants and parking lots in a reasonably safe condition so that customers don’t slip, fall...