If you have been seriously injured in an accident in Stoughton, it is common to feel overwhelmed by shock, pain and financial anxiety. Similarly, unexpected criminal accusations can leave you feeling scared and uncertain about your fate and your family’s future.
When life presents challenges like these, it is important to remember you do not have to face them alone. Having a skilled Stoughton attorney at your side can ease many of the burdens and uncertainties of these life-changing events. That will allow you to focus on recovering and rebuilding your life.
The respected Stoughton injury lawyers and criminal attorneys at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan are here to help. We have represented hundreds of individuals and families reeling from the effects of accidental injuries and unanticipated arrests in Stoughton and surrounding Massachusetts areas. We are a family-owned law firm with more than 30 years of legal experience and a history of successful, precedent-setting case results.
Do not hesitate to contact our firm for the tough advocacy you deserve. Whether you need to maximize the value of your personal injury claim or minimize the effects of pending criminal charges, our seasoned attorneys will provide comprehensive advice and representation through all stages of your case.
We offer free initial consultations to all of our clients. We stand ready to take swift action for you. Contact us online or by calling or texting us today.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Stoughton
Our legal team has seen first-hand the devastation and upheaval that can arise when our Stoughton neighbors sustain severe injuries in preventable accidents. Persistent pain from injuries, outrageous medical expenses, and lost income opportunities often blend into a perfect storm of hardship.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers cannot undo your accident. But we can help you investigate your injuries. We can hold negligent parties accountable and identify all possible sources of compensation for your recovery. Personal injury practice areas our firm can handle include:
- Car accidents – Car accidents happen every day, but when you’ve been seriously injured by a reckless or negligent party, you’re entitled to compensation.
- Truck accidents – When a full-size tractor-trailer strikes a passenger car, the damages are usually profound, and the injuries are often severe. We will fight to protect your rights.
- Motorcycle accidents – Drivers often fail to yield the right of way to motorcyclists, or they fail to see them in their blind spot.
- Pedestrian accidents – Even when a pedestrian is struck by a slow-moving vehicle, the injuries can be serious. When pedestrians are hit by speeding drivers, their injuries can be traumatic or even fatal.
- Slip and fall accidents – Slip and fall accidents are a common cause of serious injuries in the U.S. They often occur on properties with dangerous hazards, such as missing lights, uneven carpets or wet, slippery surfaces.
- Dog bites – Responsible dog owner laws vary from state to state. In many cases, negligent owners can be held responsible if their dog bites and injures another person or animal.
- Construction site accidents – When you work on a construction site, you face numerous risks every day, including falling from scaffolding, being struck by a falling object, or being hit by a moving vehicle.
- Product liability – These cases involve dangerous or defective products that injure unsuspecting users or consumers. Manufacturers and sellers of harmful drugs, consumables, chemicals, toys or other devices may be liable for the resulting damages.
- Medical malpractice – Examples of medical malpractice can include misdiagnoses, pharmacy errors, surgical errors, nursing home abuse and wrongful death.
- Wrongful death – If your loved died in a wrongful death case, we will work hard to ensure the responsible party is held accountable and that you receive the maximum compensation you need.
Types of Criminal Defense Cases We Take
With a skilled criminal attorney on your side, you will have more opportunities to get your criminal charges reduced or even dismissed entirely. Securing appropriate representation as soon as possible can level your legal playing field, giving you a fair fight for your rights every step of the way.
Our Stoughton criminal defense attorneys have decades of experience handling diverse criminal accusations and charges levied against local residents. We can help you identify the laws that apply to your case, understand your legal rights and options, and fight any type of criminal charges. Those charges include:
- Drug crimes – We have extensive experience handling crimes of possession, possession with intent to distribute, paraphernalia, prescription drug charges, and more.
- Violent crimes – These can include charges of homicide, manslaughter, assault and battery, arson, abuse, rape and other sex crimes.
- Weapons charges – We can help you fight any type of gun charges, including offenses like unlawful possession or being a felon in possession of a firearm.
- Sex crimes – It’s important that you have an experienced attorney by your side if you have been charged with a sex crime, such as rape, indecent assault, indecent exposure, cybersex crimes and lewd conduct.
- Theft charges – These charges often include property crimes such as burglary, robbery, larceny, shoplifting or auto theft.
- Traffic offenses – Common traffic offenses include speeding, unlicensed driving and hit-and-runs.
- Drunk driving charges – If you have been charged with a DUI, hire a knowledgeable and experienced attorney who can navigate the legal system and build your case.
- Juvenile crimes – These crimes may include underage possession, DUI charges, larceny, vandalism, assault or illegal purchases.
- Clerk’s hearings – We will represent you skillfully at the initial hearing before the District Court clerk magistrate to argue that your case should be dismissed before you are even charged.
- Post-conviction relief/appeals – These administrative hearings often involve formal arguments against prior charges or convictions.
Talk to a Stoughton Personal Injury Attorney or Criminal Defense Lawyer Now
If you need a Stoughton person injury attorney or criminal defense lawyer, The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan is here for you. It is our goal to make our clients’ lives easier and solve their legal headaches during a draining and difficult time. Our attorneys care deeply about what our clients are going through. We fight aggressively for the best possible outcome in every case we handle.
While we offer the personalized, compassionate service of a small firm, our high-quality, assertive representation rivals that of any heavyweight corporate lawyers. Our relentless advocates don’t just offer proven results, we also communicate and check-in with you regularly. You will always know how your case is progressing and never feel out of the loop.
If you have questions, we are here with answers, from your first call to our final meeting. To get started with a free review of your case, contact us now by going online or calling us.