Parents do everything in their power to protect their children from harm. Unfortunately, parents can’t always protect their children from injury, especially when their youngsters are in the care of others, such as employees at a day care, camp or school.

Did someone else’s carelessness, recklessness or wanton behavior injure your child? You may be able to hold those parties responsible. You and your child deserve compensation for the trauma you and your loved one have endured.

No parent can stand to see a child injured, especially when those injuries are the result of someone else’s negligence. For more than three decades, The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan has worked tirelessly to help families whose children have been innocent victims of injury.

Our Brockton child injury lawyers understand how devastating it can be to have a child seriously or even fatally injured. We strive to provide comprehensive representation throughout each stage of your claim. We make sure to maintain regular communications with you. We update you on the progress of your case and answer any questions you may have.

If your child has suffered an injury due to someone else’s actions, talk with a child injury lawyer in Brockton. Learn more about your legal options and how our firm can help your family seek the compensation and justice you deserve. Contact The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan today for your free case evaluation.

Our Success in Fighting for Families

At The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan, our Massachusetts child injury lawyers take great pride in the results we have obtained on behalf of the families of injured children we have represented. Our firm will not rest until we get your child and your family the financial recovery and justice you deserve.

Let us help you maximize the recovery you need for you and your child. Examples of the outcomes we have secured for our clients include:

  • $300,000 for the family of a child who fatally drowned in a neighbor’s pool.
  • $100,000 for a seven-year-old girl injured in an auto accident.
  • $30,000 for a five-year-old injured in a school bus accident.
  • $21,500 for a child who suffered from bullying at summer camp.

Who Can Be Held Responsible for Accident-Related Child Injuries?

Examples of the accidents that can lead to child injuries include:

Negligent Supervision of Caregiver (Day Care, Nursery, School, Camp, Child Care, etc.)

Any person, facility, or business that has been entrusted with the child’s care and safety may be found responsible for not taking measures to prevent child accidents. Did your child suffer a fatality or injury because of a careless or negligent caregiver? You may be able to seek compensation for the injuries that could have easily been avoided if proper care and attention had been exercised.

Unsafe Premises (Hotel, Motel, Apartment Complex, Friend or Relatives Homeowners Insurance)

Any person or business that maintains an unsafe premises or property may be found responsible for not taking measures to prevent an avoidable child injury. For example, a hotel, motel or other place of public accommodation may negligently allow a hazardous condition to exist on the property. When that hazard injures a child, we may be able to pursue a claim for damages against the business’ insurance company.

If such an incident were to occur at a friend or relative’s home, then we could pursue a claim for damages against the homeowner’s insurance policy. Going after the insurance policy of a neighbor or a relative is not the same thing as personally going after the neighbor or relative. People have homeowners insurance for situations like this. You should not feel guilty when bringing an injury claim against someone’s homeowner’s insurance policy.

Product Liability (Product Manufacturer, Designer or Seller)

If a child product manufacturer, designer or retailer put an unsafe product on the market and knew, or should have known, the product was dangerous or defective and presented a serious risk of harm, the company may be responsible for the injuries your child suffered.

Compensation for Your Child’s Injuries

No amount of money can undo the harm your child has suffered or bring back a child who has tragically died from injuries caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness. Our Brockton child injury lawyers will aggressively pursue maximum financial compensation for you and your family. We will work to hold those responsible for your child’s injuries accountable. We want to ensure that your family does not have to bear the financial consequences of the injuries your child has sustained.

Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to compensation for:

  • Your child’s medical expenses to treat their physical and emotional/mental injuries
  • Pain and suffering caused by your child’s injuries
  • Emotional distress
  • Loss of quality of life due to your child’s disabilities or disfigurements

If your family loses a child due to injuries inflicted by someone else, your family may be entitled to compensation for funeral and burial costs. You may also recover for the loss of your child’s reasonably expected financial contributions to your family, as well as for the loss of your child’s companionship and society.

In rare cases where your child is injured due to someone else’s egregious conduct, your child and your family may also be entitled to an award of punitive damages.

Statute of Limitations on Child Injury Claims

You have three years from the date of your child’s injury to file a lawsuit to pursue an injury claim. If your child’s injury takes place, for example, at school or due to the actions of public employees, you must also provide the state or municipal government with notice of your claim within two years of the date of your child’s injury. These deadlines might be extended in certain circumstances if you do not know of the existence of your child’s injury or the circumstances that caused it.

Do not wait to contact us to get started on pursuing your and your child’s case. Fling an untimely lawsuit will result in the court permanently dismissing your case.

Common Types of Accidents Involving Children

Young children have yet to learn what is and isn’t dangerous. They are at risk of getting into accidents that cause serious or debilitating injuries. Young children may be injured by:

No matter what kind of accident hurt your child, our Brockton child injury lawyers have the experience and knowledge to successfully pursue your family’s claim.

How Our Brockton Child Injury Attorneys Can Help You

After your child has suffered an injury, your focus will understandably be on helping your child heal and get back to a normal life. Let our Brockton child injury attorneys get to work on your behalf. We will fight to hold those responsible for the harm your child has endured. Our firm can help you when you have a child injury case by:

  • Investigating the circumstances of your child’s accident and injuries to determine how the accident occurred and who may have been responsible for your child’s harm
  • Identifying potentially liable parties and available sources of compensation for your child’s damages
  • Helping you get the medical treatment your injured child needs for a physical and emotional recovery
  • Working with experts to help build a strong, persuasive legal case to show how the at-fault parties were responsible for your child’s injuries
  • Proving the extent of the damages your child and your family have incurred
  • Aggressively fighting for a fair settlement, or when that is not possible, taking your case to court and vigorously advocating on your behalf to get the best possible outcome

As a family-run law firm, we work hard to provide you and your family with the focused representation you deserve. You are never just another case number to us – we are always available to answer your questions and concerns.

Do not wait one more day to schedule a free, confidential, no-obligation initial consultation with a Brockton child injury attorney from The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan. We can help you understand your legal rights and options for seeking compensation and justice on behalf of your child.