A sudden and severe injury can be a life-changing event, whether it is caused by a traffic collision, a dangerous product or unsafe premises. At times like this, turn to The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan. For more than 30 years, we have provided our Abington neighbors with experienced and effective personal injury representation.
Our knowledgeable lawyers work with individuals and families on a personal level as we pursue a fair and reasonable recovery on their behalf. We will fight relentlessly to hold the responsible parties accountable for your suffering. We will work tirelessly to secure the funds you need to rebuild your life.
When you need a personal injury law firm in Abington, contact us online or call us to schedule your free consultation.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Abington
The legal team at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan handles all types of personal injury cases in Abington and the surrounding areas of Massachusetts. Our common personal injury practice areas include:
- Car accidents – Motor vehicle accidents are among the most common causes of personal injuries in Massachusetts. Car accidents are often the result of speeding, reckless or distracted driving, or driving under the influence.
- Truck accidents – Large trucks and tractor-trailers cause accidents with especially serious injuries. The claims in truck accident cases often involve commercial entities and can be expensive and complex.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists suffer a disproportionate number of serious accidents on the road. Injuries from these accidents are usually severe and sometimes fatal.
- Pedestrian accidents – Cars, trucks, motorcycles and even bicycles can cause serious injury when they collide with pedestrians. Careless drivers frequently injure pedestrians as do hit-and-run drivers, who cause 20 percent of all pedestrian fatalities.
- Slip and fall accidents – Property owners sometimes neglect their premises or fail to warn visitors of dangerous conditions, such as wet hallways or unsafe staircases. Those property owners can be held liable when slip and fall injuries occur.
- Dog bite injuries – Dog bites occur suddenly and often leave behind serious injuries and lasting emotional trauma. Massachusetts has strict liability statutes that apply to dog owners or handlers. Owners can usually be held responsible for the injuries their dogs cause.
- Construction site accidents – Residential, commercial and industrial construction sites are common in Abington and the surrounding metro areas. Negligent owners or contractors can be held liable if preventable conditions cause personal injury to people nearby.
- Product liability – Products with design defects, manufacturing errors or insufficient safety warnings can lead to serious injuries or death. Product liability claims hold negligent manufacturers or sellers responsible for the harm their products cause.
- Medical malpractice – Preventable medical errors injure or kill thousands of people each year. Medical malpractice is difficult to prove, but solid evidence can help victims hold doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers accountable.
- Wrongful death – Unfortunately, personal injury cases sometimes turn into wrongful death actions. When that happens, surviving family members can recover compensation for the loss of their loved one.
How Our Abington Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
In any personal injury claim, you must prove you were injured by someone else’s careless, reckless or intentional actions. You must also show you suffered significant damages as a result. In some cases, establishing this proof may be relatively straightforward. However, many personal injury cases quickly become complex and confusing.
A skilled Abington personal injury attorney can help you with these difficulties by:
- Investigating your claim
- Collecting supporting evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Negotiating with insurance providers
- Communicating on your behalf
- Preparing pleas and demand letters
- Representing you in court
Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Claim in Abington
When you are seriously injured in an accident, the medical bills and other expenses from your injuries can last for months, years or even a lifetime. If your injuries were caused by the acts or negligence of another person, you should not have to pay all of these expenses by yourself. You may be entitled to compensation from a personal injury clam.
These costs could be covered:
- Medical bills and related expenses
- Costs of long-term treatment or rehabilitation
- Lost current or future wages
- Pain and emotional suffering
- Loss of quality or enjoyment of life
- Your spouse’s loss of companionship
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages
Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Abington
Massachusetts uses a statute of limitations, or legal deadline, for personal injury lawsuits. Those lawsuits have a three-year statute of limitations. That means you have three years from the date of your injury to file a claim in court. Only very narrow exceptions could extend the deadline.
If you decide that you have a valid personal injury case, it is important to file a lawsuit as soon as possible. If a case is filed after the statute of limitations expires, a court may dismiss the lawsuit. To ensure your case is not thrown out by the court, hire one of our experienced and capable Abington personal injury lawyers as soon as possible.
Talk to an Abington Personal Injury Attorney Now
The time following a serious personal injury accident is often turbulent and emotional. Before you make any major decisions during this time, talk to a skilled and experienced Abington personal injury attorney. A legal advocate will help you evaluate any settlements, releases or agreements you are offered. The attorney will ensure you are not taken advantage of – personally or financially.
The dedicated lawyers at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan can help you explore the recovery options available to you and your family. We are committed to giving you the best chance at full and fair compensation.
Our legal team stands ready to help you with your case. Call us today or reach out to us online to begin your free case review.