Boston Drug Paraphernalia Possession Lawyer serving Massachusetts and the Greater Boston area including South Boston, Brockton, Cambridge, Somerville, Quincy, New Bedford, Taunton, Attleboro, Lowell, Woburn, Medford, Waltham, Wareham, Lynn, Lawrence, Wrentham, Dedham, Salem, Fall River, Brookline, Chelsea, Worcester, Framingham, Everett, Revere, Dorchester and Roxbury and all smaller cities and rural areas in Massachusetts.
It is a crime in Massachusetts to sell, possess with intention to sell, or manufacture with the intention of selling drug paraphernalia. Even if you think having drug paraphernalia is a not a big deal, under Massachusetts law you could be facing stiff fines and jail time if you are convicted on possession charges.
Although the law was created to help provide for a means to punish drug traffickers, manufacturers, and distributors, even “recreational” users caught with drug paraphernalia could end up facing charges.
About Drug Paraphernalia Offenses Under Massachusetts Law
The courts consider the following to be drug paraphernalia:
- Equipment used for planting, propagating, cultivating, growing or harvesting of any species of plant which is a controlled substance or from which a controlled substance can be derived;
- Equipment used for manufacturing, compounding, converting, producing, processing or preparing controlled substances;
- Devices used increasing the potency of any species of plant which is a controlled substance;
- Testing equipment used for analyzing the strength, or purity of controlled substances;
- Scales and used for weighing or measuring controlled substances;
- Separation gins and sifters used removing twigs and seeds to clean or refine marijuana;
- Bowls, grinders, and mixing devices used for compounding controlled substances;
- Ziplock baggies, balloons, envelopes used for packaging small quantities of controlled substances;
- Hypodermic needles used to inject controlled substances; and
- Objects used ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing narcotics into the body, such as: metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic or ceramic pipes, water pipes, smoking masks, roach clips, miniature cocaine spoons and cocaine vials, chamber pipes, bongs.
Penalties For Conviction On Drug Paraphernalia Charges
If you are convicted of possession of drug paraphernalia with intent to sell you are facing a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 2 ½ years in the house of corrections or a minimum fine of $500 up to a maximum of $5,000, or both a fine and jail time. If you are convicted of selling drug paraphernalia to a minor (anyone under 18) you are facing imprisonment in a state prison up to 5 years and at least 3 years and a fine ranging from $1,000 to 5,000 or a fine and jail time.
In order to get conviction the prosecution must show:
- That the object in question was in fact drug paraphernalia;
- That defendant either knew or should have known that the objects in question would be used for some illegal purpose; and
- That the defendant possessed or manufactured the drug paraphernalia with the intent to sell it.
Experienced Drug Charges Defense Attorney – Possession with Intent to Distribute
Free Consultation – Serving The Greater Boston Area Including Brockton, Quincy, Taunton, Bridgewater, New Bedford, Fall River
If you have been charged with any drug crime, we invite you to call our criminal defense attorneys at (508) 588-0422 and take an the first important step in resolving this matter. A drug conviction on your record can follow you around for the rest of your life. Whether this is your first offense, second or other repeat offense, call our law office today to get the help you need and put our experience with the court system to work for you.
Our knowledgeable and experienced Massachusetts Drug Paraphernalia Charge Lawyers at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan are available to assist clients throughout all of Massachusetts, including but not limited to Plymouth County including Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Marshfield, Hingham, Duxbury, Scituate, Hanover, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Holbrook, Kingston, Middleborough; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Dartmouth, Westport, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Lakeville, Norton; Cape Cod, Falmouth, Barnstable.
No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. Call an experienced Brockton Criminal Defense Attorney to schedule a free no-obligation case review and consultation at (508) 588-0422 and you will have taken your first step to find out how best to confront this important matter. You can also click here to use our Free Case Evaluation Form.