There is a difference between a candidate knowingly making false statements when answering questions on a firearm application and a candidate making an honest but mistaken error in response to a question.
Firearm applicants have been known to make an honest mistake when answering some of the following firearm license application questions:
- Have you ever been arrested or appeared in court as a defendant for any criminal offense?
- Are you the subject of any pending criminal charges?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
- Have you ever been convicted of the unlawful use, possession, or sale of controlled substances as defined in M.G.L. c. 94C, § 1?
- Have you ever been convicted of a violent crime or a crime of domestic violence?
- Have you ever been convicted as an adult or adjudicated a youthful offender or delinquent child in any state or federal jurisdiction?
- Are you now, or have you ever been the subject of a restraining order issued pursuant to M.G.L. c. 209A, or a similar order issued by another jurisdiction
- Are you currently the subject of any outstanding arrest warrant in any state or federal jurisdiction?
- Have you ever been committed to any hospital or institution for mental illness, or alcohol or substance abuse?
- Has a firearms license issued to you under the laws of any state or territory ever been suspended, revoked, or denied?
- Have you been discharged from the armed forces of the United States under dishonorable conditions?
- Have you been the subject of an order of the probate court appointing a guardian or conservator?
Was a False Statement on your Firearm License Application (LTC) Made?
Call 508-588-0422 For A Free Initial Consultation
If your LTC firearm was revoked/suspended, you need a lawyer that knows the ins and outs of this specialized area of law. You need a gun charge attorney that has handled ammunitions and firearms cases for clients in the past. Just look at some of our firearms case results. No matter where you are located in Massachusetts, expert legal help is just a phone call away. To schedule a free, no-obligation case review and free consultation with an experienced Brockton / Greater Boston Area, MA Firearm Application Lawyer call our law offices at 508-588-0422.
Our compassionate and experienced criminal defense attorneys are experienced trial lawyers who aggressively represent those accused of DUI/OUI and other driving offenses, felony crimes, juvenile crimes, and misdemeanor charges in Massachusetts courts. Our law firm is available to assist clients throughout all of Southeast Massachusetts, including but not limited to: Plymouth County including Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Hingham, Wareham, Middleboro; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Wrentham, Attleboro, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham; and Middlesex County including Cambridge, Lowell, Somerville, Newton, Woburn, Framingham, Malden, Chelsea, Everett, Arlington, Medford and Waltham; Cape Cod, Barnstable, Hyannis, Falmouth and Springfield, Holyoke, Chicopee & Worcester; Essex County including Lynn, Lawrence, Peabody, Haverhill, and Salem; and the Greater Boston area including South Boston, Revere, Dorchester, Brighton and Roxbury.