Massachusetts Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys
Child enticement is a crime that seeks to prevent the sexual exploitation of children. It seeks to protect children from the risk of harm and danger that follows when a child is lured into place or location that is out of the way and under the control of potential predators.
Anyone who attempts to lure, induce, persuade, tempt, incite, coax or invite a child under the age of 16 into or out of car, home, dwelling, building or public place with the intention of committing any of the following offenses will be guilty of child enticement:
- Indecent assault of a child under 14
- Indecent assault on a child 14 or older
- Forcible Rape of a Child Under the Age of Sixteen
- Unlawful sexual intercourse with a child under 16
- Assault with intent to commit rape
- Assault of a child under 16 with intent to commit rape
- Inducing a minor into prostitution
- Open and gross lewdness and lascivious behavior
- Exposing matter harmful to minors
- Dissemination or possession of obscene material
- Posing or exhibiting a child in a state of nudity or sexual conduct
- Dissemination of visual material of a child in a state of nudity or sexual conduct
- Knowing purchase or possession of a child depicted in sexual conduct
- Unnatural and lascivious acts with a child under 16
- Crimes against chastity, street walkers, etc.
- Internet Sex and Cyber Sex Crimes
- or any offense that involves the use or attempted use of force
Child enticement charges are often brought when there is evidence of the defendant sending sexually explicit messages through social media like Instagram or Facebook messenger, email, craigslist, backpage as part of sting operation where police officer pose as an underage child.
Anyone found guilty of this offense faces the following punishments:
- Imprisonment in the state prison up to 5 years, or
- Imprisonment in a house up to 2.5 years, or
- Fine of up to $5,000, or
- Both imprisonment and fine
If You Have Been Accused Of, Or Charged With A Sex Offense, Talk Privately for Free with an Experienced Boston Defense Lawyer
Sex offenses are extremely serious criminal charges that can have a devastating and lasting impact on your life if you are convicted. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your case you have the same rights as anyone else when it comes to the law. We want to hear to your side of the story and will aggressively challenge any evidence that was obtained illegally or that may not be conclusive, and work hard to get your charges reduced or dismissed. Our lawyers are experienced trial lawyers and former prosecutors who know how the system works, and how to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call the Massachusetts Enticing a Child under 16 Attorneys at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan today at 508-588-0422 for a free consultation. We repent the residents of Plymouth County including Brockton, Abington, Bridgewater, Whitman, Hanson, Hingham, Wareham, Halifax, Middleborough, Rockland, Lakeville, Holbrook, Avon, Kingston, Pembroke, Plympton, Pembroke, Hanover, Carver, Duxbury, Marshfield, Norwell, Hanover, Scituate, East/West Bridgewater, Rochester, Marion, Mattapoisett; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Wrentham, Foxborough, Franklin, Walpole, Needham, Walpole, Brookline, Dover, Medway, Medfield, Millis, Milton, Norwood, Plainville, Wellesley, Westwood; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Norton, Easton, Westport, Berkley, Freetown, Somerset, Rehobeth, Dighton, Mansfield, Freetown, Swansea Acushnet Cape Cod, Falmouth, Barnstable. Middlesex County including Cambridge, Lowell, Somerville, Newton, Framingham, Malden, Chelsea, Everett, Arlington, Medford and Waltham; and the Greater Boston area including South Boston, Worcester, Framingham, Woburn, Lynn, Lawrence, Salem, Dedham, Revere, Dorchester and Roxbury.