If you or a loved one was was injured in a carpentry accident call our workers’ compensation attorneys today. Carpenters often sustained neck, back and knee injuries. These injuries can result in lost wages and permanent disability. Hand and finger amputation injuries caused by defective power tools, like saws are also a common occurrence.
Carpenters play an integral role in the construction industry. Most of their jobs deal with repairing or constructing staircases, door frames, building frames, and rafters. They also work on cabinets, counter tops, drywall and siding. If a is employed at the time of the accident then workers’ compensation insurance is available to pay for medical expenses, lost wages and any disability that resulted while working on the job.
Carpenters face a high risk of serious injury on a daily basis. Often times carpenters work in confined spaces or from great heights while on ladders or roofs. Most of the the time they also have some sort of power tool in their hand. This makes for a dangerous combination.
The following is a list of the common causes of carpentry accidents and injuries:
- Chemical exposure to adhesives, coatings, finishes, and other substances
- Injuries due to defective or improperly operated heavy equipment
- Equipment Run-Over Accidents. There are a number of pieces of heavy equipment that can seriously harm carpenters on the job including conveyors, cranes, hoists, forklifts, backhoes, skid steers and Bobcats, tractors.
- Getting struck by falling objects including tools
- Falling from Heights. When scaffolding or ladders fail to operate properly, carpenters can fall from great heights. These accidents can cause serious injuries.
- Power tools can cause serious injuries including table saws, band saws, radial arm saws, circular saws, miter saws, nail gun accidents, punch press accidents and lathe accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Electrocution accidents occur when a worker comes into contact with a exposed wiring
- Lack of safety equipment like goggles or safety harnesses
To Request Your Free Consultation with an Experienced Workplace Accident Claims Attorney
Call Today: (508) 588-0422
To avoid these accidents, employees and carpenters should remember to use appropriate equipment, frequently inspect safety mechanisms, perform regular preventative maintenance, and maintain a clean work environment. Often times injuries involving power tools occur because the worker is too comfortable with the tool which is natural if the worker has years of experience.
Common injuries include workplace neck and back injuries, injuries caused by lifting objects, amputation injuries involving hands and fingers caused by power tools, blindness/vision loss or hearing loss, scarring, internal injuries and organ damage, broken or fractured bones and traumatic brain injuries. The most common injuries carpenters sustain are back injuries (21%), Finger/Hand Injuries (15%), and Knee Injuries (7%).
Our Boston workers’ compensation attorneys are able to secure the following benefits for injured workers and their families when workers sustain injuries for accidents that occur within the scope of the workers employment: Partial disability benefits, temporary total disability benefits, permanent and total disability benefits, death benefits, scarring and disfigurement benefits.
If you are an injured carpenter, do not hesitate to contact a skilled Boston work injury lawyer. The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan are a group of Massachusetts work accident lawyers with over 35 years of legal experience. Our legal counsel has helped individuals who have been injured in a number of work site accidents. Call our Brockton work injury lawyers today for a free consultation.
Our personal injury lawyers assist accident victims throughout all of Massachusetts including but not limited to Plymouth County, Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Marshfield, Hingham, Duxbury, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Holbrook, Middleborough; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Westport, Dartmouth, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Lakeville, Norton; Cape Cod, Hyannis, Falmouth, Barnstable and the Greater Boston area including Cambridge, Somerville, Medford, Everett, Lawrence, Lynn, Revere, Dorchester, Roxbury.