Brockton, Massachusetts, Personal Injury Lawyer
If you suffered an injury because of another party’s negligence or intentional act, you not only have to deal with the physical pain of injury and healing, but also you must cope with the mental anguish and added financial stress that comes with a personal injury. If you’ve sustained an injury due to another party’s actions, Massachusetts law entitles you to seek damages for your losses in civil court.
Attorney Gerald J. Noonan has been advocating for injured victims in Massachusetts for more than three decades. With ample experience communicating with insurance companies, negotiating settlements, and litigating personal injury cases, Gerald Noonan remains dedicated to client service and diligently pursues the best outcome in every case. If you, your child, or another loved one has suffered harm or died as a result of another party’s reckless behavior and you live in the Brockton, Massachusetts, area, contact the Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan at (508) 588-0422 for a free consultation and to discuss the details of your case and your legal options.
An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
If you’ve sustained an injury due to another party’s action or inaction, an experienced attorney can guide you through the personal injury claim process and ensure the best outcome given your individual situation. Personal injury lawyers will engage in the following tasks to support their clients and help build a case:
- Evaluate the case to determine a client’s eligibility to recover damages
- Investigate the accident or event that led to the injury
- Gather relevant documentation and information to support the claim
- Assess the value of a claim by assigning a monetary value to all economic and non-economic losses
- Help clients through the insurance claims process and handle communication with tricky insurance adjusters and carriers
- File a personal injury lawsuit for losses not covered by insurance claims
- Negotiate with named defendants in the lawsuit and litigate when settlement is not an option
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Many different events can lead to injury, which may cause one party to sue another party for damages. Below we discuss some of the most common types of personal injuries that we deal with at the Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan:
- Auto accidents. The Greater Boston area is famous for its high rate of traffic crashes, mostly due to heavy traffic congestion. When Boston traffic accidents lead to severe injury, an experienced attorney can help injured individuals recover damages. At the Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan, we help clients who have suffered injuries in all types of traffic accidents, including car, truck, bus, and motorcycle accidents.
- Bicycle accidents. In recent years, Brockton residents have coped with severe bicycle accidents, many of which have resulted in serious injuries. Whether using a bike as a primary form of transportation, to exercise, or just to enjoy a leisurely ride, cyclists must remain aware of any careless motorist who might strike them.
- Pedestrian accidents.Whether you are walking downtown to grab some produce at Brockton’s City Hall Farmers’ Market, taking in the local art scene, or taking an after-dinner stroll in your neighborhood, you are at more risk for injury while walking than those in motor vehicles.
- Premises liability.Anytime an individual sustains an injury on another party’s property, the property owner is potentially liable for damages if he or she did not uphold the duty of care owed to visitors. Premises liability cases include slip and fall accidents, the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries, and other events that lead to injury. At the Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan, we also help clients with special liability circumstances that involve alcohol consumption, including dram shop liability and social host liability cases.
- Medical malpractice.Doctors, nurses, and hospitals are tasked to diagnose, treat, and cure those with sicknesses and diseases. Trusted medical professionals who fail to uphold their legal duty to provide a certain standard of care can cause severe injuries and even fatalities. We hold medical professionals accountable for negligent behavior, including failing to diagnose illness or disease, misdiagnoses, surgical errors, medication errors, and instances of inadequate aftercare.
- Dangerous and defective products.A court may find manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers liable for injuries when a defective product causes injury or death. Some product defects occur during the design stage, and others occur during building, assembly, or shipping. Product defects also occur when companies fail to warn consumers of dangerous aspects of their products or improperly label their products.
- Police brutality.Law enforcement exists for the public good—to serve and protect the general population. Unfortunately, some police officers have alternative agendas and abuse their power. At the Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan, we hold police officers who abuse their power and cause harm accountable for their actions.
- Wrongful death claims. When another party’s negligence results in the loss of a loved one, surviving family members turn to us to seek justice. A wrongful death may occur in a traffic accident, on another party’s property, or as the result of a defective product.
Get the Legal Help You Need From an Experienced Brockton Personal Injury Lawyer
After sustaining a serious injury, you have enough on your mind without having to cope with the headaches and frustration that accompany working with an insurance company to recover compensation for your losses. Instead, leave the procedural details of your claim to the legal team at the Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan. We are dedicated to providing exceptional client service and legal representation in personal injury cases, freeing your time and your mind so that you can focus on healing from your injuries or dealing with the loss of a loved one.
Massachusetts law includes a strict statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits, which varies based on the specific circumstances of your accident. Don’t miss your window of opportunity to recover damages. Call the Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan today at (508) 588-0422, or contact us online, to schedule a free and confidential consultation. If you choose us to represent you in your personal injury case, you won’t need to pay any fees upfront. We handle cases on contingency, collecting attorney fees from any compensation that we secure for you in the form of a settlement or verdict in your favor.