Massachusetts Drug Possession Criminal Defense Attorneys
Knowledgeable and experienced Massachusetts Class C Distribution Defense Attorneys serving Massachusetts and the Greater Boston area including South Boston, Brockton, Cambridge, Somerville, Quincy, New Bedford, Taunton, Attleboro, Lowell, Woburn, Medford, Waltham, Wareham, Lynn, Lawrence, Wrentham, Dedham, Salem, Fall River, Brookline, Chelsea, Worcester, Framingham, Everett, Revere, Dorchester and Roxbury and all smaller cities and rural areas in Massachusetts.
Possession with the intent to distribute Class C Controlled Substances is a crime that is proven through circumstantial evidence. Juries can infer a defendant’s intent to distribute by looking at the defendant’s conduct leading up to the arrest, the amount of narcotics present at the arrest, whether the defendant had large amounts of cash on or near his or her person, and the presence of drug paraphernalia that is used to distribute drugs (i.e., scales, plastic bags.)
In order to prove the defendant guilty of this offense the Commonwealth needs to prove three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:
- That the defendant possessed the controlled substance or narcotic; and
- Did so knowingly and intentionally; and
- Did so with the intent to distribute.
The amount of the drugs at the scene of the arrest might be enough to inference the defendant had the intent to distribute. However, in situations where the amount of the narcotics isn’t enough to raise that inference, evidence of drug paraphernalia may bolster the inference of the intent to distribute.
In order to achieve the best possible results for our clients, our attorneys take a thorough look at all aspects of your case. We will obtain experts to provide an objective analysis of the evidence because small details, such as weighing drug evidence in your case could reduce the charges and any potential punishments.
We can help you with an aggressive legal defense against any of the following charges:
- Drug Possession
- Possession With Intent to Distribute Class A Narcotics (i.e., Heroin, GHB, Morphine)
- Possession With Intent to Distribute Class B Narcotics (i.e., Ecstasy, Cocaine, PCP, LSD, Amphetamines, Methamphetamines)
- Possession With Intent to Distribute Class C Narcotics (i.e., Vicodin, Clonazepam, Valium)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Besides a complete exoneration of the crime, an experienced drug crimes attorney may be able to undermine the prosecution’s case against you enough for the charges and penalties you face to be substantially reduced. Our legal team also will ensure that you do not face inflated charges.
- Ativan (Lorazepam) Possession
- Cocaine Possession
- Counterfeit Drug Crimes
- Criminal Penalties For Drug Trafficking
- Drug Charges in a School Zone
- Drug Paraphernalia Offenses
- Exploiting Minors in the Trade
- Forging and Uttering False Prescriptions
- Heroin Possession
- Hydrocodone Possession
- Klonopin (Clonazepam) Possession
- Knowingly Present Where Heroin is Kept
- Methamphetamine Possession
- Oxycodone Possession
- OxyContin Possession
- Percocet Possession
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Class A Narcotics
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Class B Narcotics
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Class C Narcotics
- Valium (Diazepam) Possession
- Vicodin Possession
- Xanax (Alprzolam) Possession
Class C Controlled Substances (Vicodin, Clonazepam, Valium)
- Penalties for a first time offense: A conviction for possession with the intent to distribute a class C controlled substance can be handled without the defendant receiving any jail time. However, this offense can result in state prison sentence up to 5 years or sentenced in the house of corrections up to 2 ½ years.
- Penalties for a second or multiple offenses: A judge must sentence a second time offender to not more than 10 years in a state prison or not more than 2.5 years in a house of corrections.
Experienced Drug Defense Attorney – Possession with Intent to Distribute
Free Consultation – Serving The Greater Boston Area Including Brockton, New Bedford, Taunton, Bridgewater
If you have been charged with any narcotic drug possession crime, or Class C controlled substances possession with intent to distribute, we invite you to call our criminal defense attorneys and take an the first important step in resolving this matter. A drug conviction on your record can follow you around for the rest of your life. Whether this is your first offense, second or other repeat offense, call our law office today to get the help you need and put our experience with the court system to work for you.
No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. Call an experienced Brockton Drug Crime Attorney to schedule a free no-obligation case review and consultation at (508) 588-0422 and you will have taken your first step to find out how best to confront this important matter. You can also click here to use our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Our knowledgeable and experienced Taunton Class C Distribution Lawyers at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan are available to assist clients throughout all of Massachusetts, including but not limited to Plymouth County including Brockton, Plymouth, Bridgewater, Marshfield, Hingham, Duxbury, Scituate, Hanover, Wareham, Abington, Rockland, Whitman, Hanson, Holbrook, Kingston, Middleborough; Norfolk County including Quincy, Stoughton, Dedham, Weymouth, Braintree, Avon, Holbrook, Randolph, Canton, Sharon, Brookline, Franklin; Bristol County including New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, Dartmouth, Westport, Mansfield, Easton, Raynham, Lakeville, Norton; Cape Cod, Falmouth, Barnstable.