At The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan, our attorneys represent clients accused of or charged with criminal wrongdoing in Taunton and surrounding regions of Massachusetts. Our legal team consists of former prosecutors and district attorneys who understand the rights of the criminally accused. We also know that the criminally accused face many personal and financial challenges.
For the past 30 years, our Taunton criminal defense lawyers have fought for hundreds of clients, and we have secured many favorable outcomes. Our effective advocacy supports local individuals and families who are reeling from unexpected criminal charges. Our mission is to help them find resolutions and move forward with their lives.
If you have been accused of a crime in Taunton, hiring an experienced and skilled defense lawyer may be the most important step you take. Do not wait to get the help from a criminal defense lawyer. Contact The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan today. Call us or contact us online.
We commit ourselves to each and every client from day one. Here’s how:
- We start by attempting to get your charges reduced or dismissed altogether.
- If we are not able to have your charges dismissed, we will help you prepare a solid and thorough trial defense.
- We will investigate and present compelling arguments.
- We will interview relevant and credible witnesses.
- We will work to negate unfavorable evidence.
- In the event of a conviction or other unfavorable outcome, we will file for an appeal or post-conviction relief on your behalf.
How Can We Help You?
Our seasoned criminal lawyers have successfully tried hundreds of criminal trials. We handle cases in Superior and District Courts in Taunton and throughout Massachusetts. We have a proven track record of favorable outcomes for clients in a wide variety of criminal charges, including:
- Drug crimes
- Violent crimes
- Weapons charges
- Sex crimes
- Theft charges
- Traffic offenses
- Drunk driving charges
- Juvenile crimes
- Clerk’s hearings
- Post-conviction relief/appeals
Cases we have handled in the past include:
- Excessive speeding
- Reckless or distracted driving
- DUI charges and drunk driving
- Uninsured or unlicensed driving
- Juvenile crimes
- Financial crimes and fraud
- Tax evasion
- Money laundering
- Drug possession
- Drug possession with intent to distribute
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Prescription fraud
- Vandalism, graffiti, and arson
- Burglary, robbery, and larceny
- Carjacking and grant theft
- Shoplifting and petty theft
- Simple and aggravated assault
- Unlawful firearm possession
- Violent crimes committed with a firearm
- Homicide and attempted homicide
- Manslaughter and gross negligence
- Domestic violence and stalking
- Assault and battery
- Indecent exposure and indecent assault
- Rape and statutory rape
- Sexual abuse and battery
In addition to defending our clients in hearings and trials on these types of charges, we also provide legal help for post-conviction relief and other administrative hearings. We represent criminal defendants in Clerk’s hearings, Notice to Appear summons, retrials and the appeals process.
What to Do If You’ve Been Arrested in Taunton
If you have just been arrested in Taunton or anywhere else in Massachusetts, you are probably feeling anxious and confused about what happens next. Your first instinct may be to accept what seems to be a helpful offer that will get you out of immediate trouble. However, our attorneys strongly advise against this. Even if you plead guilty to a relatively minor offense in exchange for what seems to be a sweet deal, you may be naively agreeing to an outcome that will haunt you for the rest of your life.
An experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side can help you avoid these kinds of stumbling blocks. If you’ve been placed under arrest and do not yet have a lawyer, take these steps to protect yourself:
- Avoid discussing your case over the phone.
- Avoid discussing your case with any cellmates.
- Do not make idle chat with police officers.
- Request an attorney and then remain silent.
- Remain respectful and do not resist the police.
- Refuse any searches unless presented with a valid warrant.
- Be observant of the individuals and agency that arrest you.
- Try to remember badge numbers, witness names, etc.
- Take photographs of any short-lived evidence, such as injuries.
Once you have a lawyer, make sure your lawyer is present for any questioning. Do not accept any offers or plea deals if your lawyer is not present.
Why You Need to Speak to a Taunton Criminal Defense Attorney Immediately
If you are facing criminal charges in Taunton, the legal team at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan is here to help. Our deep knowledge of criminal proceedings can help get you through even the toughest charges. Our commitment to clear, routine communication will ensure you never feel out of the loop.
Our criminal defense lawyers can protect your rights by:
- Explaining your rights and the criminal defense process.
- Helping to get your charges reduced or dismissed.
- Handling formal paperwork and court filings.
- Providing legal advice and professional case reviews.
- Communicating with prosecutors and law enforcement for you.
- Assessing the conduct of your arresting officers.
- Examining the case and evidence working against you.
- Preparing a strong legal defense against all charges.
- Advising you of possible legal options and outcomes.
- Representing you in a court of law.
- Negotiating reasonable sentences and plea deals.
- Helping with post-conviction relief, such as criminal appeals.
Talk to Our Taunton Criminal Defense Lawyers Today
A criminal conviction can affect your reputation, your ability to work, and many of your constitutional rights. A criminal conviction can follow you for the rest of your life. No matter what you are going through, the Taunton criminal defense attorneys at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan will fight aggressively for you. Our goal is to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
To get started with your no-cost, no-obligation case review, call or text us now. You can also fill out our online Case Evaluation Form for free. Let us find comprehensive solutions to your legal headaches and help you move forward with your life.