Sometimes people make regrettable life choices and get caught up in criminal investigations. Sometimes people face criminal charges due to mistakes or confusion. At The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan, we believe that all people throughout Plymouth and the surrounding areas of Massachusetts deserve effective legal representation.
Our firm has a track record of favorable judgments for clients in criminal defense hearings, trials and appeals. Our Plymouth criminal attorneys are former prosecutors who have collectively handled hundreds of criminal trials in the courts of Massachusetts. With our experience, we can anticipate the cases levied against our clients and plan convincing counterarguments on their behalf.
If you face criminal charges in Plymouth, you will have police officers and Commonwealth prosecutors working to ensure your conviction. The legal team at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan can help you level the playing field. Call us today or contact us online to schedule your free initial case review.
How Can We Help You?
Whatever your legal situation looks like, our firm’s criminal defense lawyers are here to help. Our team is ready to assist with a wide variety of criminal proceedings, including:
- Drug crimes, such as drug possession, manufacturing, dealing or trafficking, possession of drug paraphernalia and medical prescription fraud
- Violent crimes, including homicide, manslaughter, armed robbery, abduction, aggravated assault, battery and domestic violence
- Weapons charges such as unlawful possession or transportation, violent crimes committed with a firearm, illegal manufacture or sale, and illegal discharge
- Sex crimes, such as indecent exposure, indecent assault, rape, statutory rape, sex trafficking, prostitution, sexual abuse and sexual battery
- Theft charges, such as vandalism, graffiti, arson, burglary, larceny, grand theft, carjacking and embezzlement
- Traffic offenses, such as reckless driving, distracted driving, excessive speeding, and unlicensed or uninsured driving
- Drunk driving charges, in which a motorist is charged with driving or being in control of a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol
- Juvenile crimes, including underage possession, shoplifting, petty theft, illegal purchases, joyriding and simple assault
- Clerk’s hearings, which give us an opportunity to have your case dropped before any charges are filed
- Post-conviction relief/appeals, which give us an opportunity to minimize your sentence following a conviction
What to Do If You’ve Been Arrested in Plymouth
If you have been arrested in Plymouth, Massachusetts, you can prevent a bad situation from getting worse. One of the most important steps you can take at this stage is to simply remain silent. Your silence will keep you from unintentionally making self-incriminating statements.
Our criminal defense lawyers have seen clients in interrogation rooms talk themselves into unnecessary additional charges. Instead, we advise clients not to speak unless they must. When you are facing criminal charges, these recommendations can help you get through those traumatic moments after your arrest:
- Be respectful toward law enforcement officers, and do not try to run away or otherwise resist arrest.
- Do not grant police officers permission to search your property or any of your belongings without a valid warrant.
- Keep calm and remain silent as much as possible and avoid making self-incriminating statements.
- Attempt to remember names and ID numbers of any police officers who are involved with your arrest.
- Ask to speak with an attorney as soon as possible and, if necessary, repeat that request until you are taken seriously.
- Do not agree to any deals, bargains or other offers without a lawyer present.
- Collect any supporting evidence you can, such as witness contact information or photographs of the crime scene.
Why You Need to Speak to a Plymouth Criminal Lawyer Immediately
Criminal charges and convictions can be life-changing events. The penalties of a conviction can include a prison sentence, a substantial fine and a permanent mark on your criminal record. These consequences could affect your ability to find a job, keep custody of your children, vote and legally bear arms.
Our experienced criminal defense team can help you avoid these kinds of outcomes by:
- Evaluating the charges and evidence against you
- Having charges reduced or dismissed before they are filed
- Preparing compelling evidence in your defense
- Interviewing relevant and credible witnesses
- Planning a logical and effective trial strategy
- Providing legal advice and emotional support
- Negotiating bargains or plea deals on your behalf
- Representing you at trial, if necessary
- Negotiating favorable settlements or sentences
- Filing appeals and other types of post-conviction relief
Talk to Our Plymouth Criminal Defense Lawyers Today
Facing a criminal accusation or formal charge is challenging for anyone, but you do not have to do it alone. For a free initial consultation, call a criminal defense lawyer in Plymouth at The Law Offices of Gerald J. Noonan. Get the dedicated legal representation you need from a fearless and relentless advocate.
Our small Massachusetts firm provides quality representation and personalized service to every single client. We are a family-run office, and we treat our clients like family, regardless of their history or present circumstances. If you have questions or would like to take action in your case, contact us today by calling us or visiting us online.